A workshop presented by CASE will be held on Tuesday 5 August 2008 from 10.00am – 12.00pm at ACTCOSS.
The overall goal of this workshop is to ensure participants receive practical information that can be used immediately to enhance their computer network infrastructure and information systems.
The role of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) and how it can be used to implement robust, secure and affordable IT systems will be discussed in a non-technical manner.
- Is your organisation’s approach to technical support reactive or proactive?
- Are your technical systems up to date?
- Are you confident that your systems are secure?
- Does your budget buy you the level and quality of support that you need?
- Can you recover from a disaster such as theft, fire or floods?
Practical answers to the above issues will be discussed during this workshop along with providing a forum for participants to express concerns and ideas. Darrell Burkey and Amanda Plowright will outline the systems and techniques that have been used by CASE to support member organisations.